Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing region and purchases

Hello! Now I'm in Russia and want to buy Logic Pro. After some time I leave country and going to live in the U.S. I will need to change region from Russia Federation to USA and update billing and payment information. Will I lose my Logic Pro purchase? It is quite expensive to buy again this app...

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 9:34 AM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2013 9:48 AM in response to Temrhythm

What do you mean will you loose it. Apple is not responsible to safeguard your apps. Apple constantly reminds folks to backup their apps and other purchased content. As long as you do not delete your app, it is safe.

However, other users report that as long as the app in question is sold in the app store for your new country of residence, you should be able to update the app.

Jun 6, 2013 10:14 AM in response to Temrhythm

You should be able to do that because it is an Apple product and Apple likely sells it in all of the Mac App Stores. You will have to do so on an app by app basis and the apps will not show up in your Purchases list en masse. You will have to go through the motions of buying it again, but in the final steps of the sale other users report that the system realizes that you have bought the app previously and downloads it for free.

Changing region and purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.