Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So what if the only Winsock Provider listed is the Bonjour Namespace Provider?

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe is constantly hogging one CPU on my machine. I've tried the Winsock command line reset (netsh winsock reset) and that seemed to work for awhile. Then the problem reappears.

I've tried stopping/starting or restarting the processes via the MS Services interface, and again, this resolves the issue temporarily. I've also, mostly out of frustration, stopped the process manually. Always comes back.

I've taken a look at Apple's suggestion (TS4123) which implies that their is some sort of conflict with another program. Back to my initial question:

User uploaded file

Overall, at this point, I have to agree with the vast majority of users who are capable of both recognizing that this is a problem and troubleshooting it to this point: This is an Apple problem and it needs to be fixed by Apple, not passed off as a conflict from some other program that is "doing something wrong" in the eyes of Apple.

My next step is to continue troubleshooting on my own to come up with a workaround solution that doesn't require me resetting winsock or killing multiple processes every day in order to use a processor that shouldn't be taken hostage to begin with.

Has anyone out there explored the onset of this problem (I've seen iTunes 10.5) in relation to updating devices via WiFi network (also iTunes 10.5 feature add?).

I'm going to start by there and disable updating of all devices over WiFi to see if that prevents the CPU hogging. Hopefully that's not it, because that sure is a great feature.

As a Mac user since 1985 and a M$ programmer for more than a decade, this is an extremely disappointing problem and one that should be an easy fix considering the resources AAPL manages to accrue.

iTunes (11.0.3.42)-OTHER, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 10:10 AM

3 replies

Jun 26, 2013 9:30 AM in response to shaggy19

Quick followup...

I've disabled WIFI sync on our iPad (Model: MC770LL/A; iPad 2 WIFI only), and left it on for our iPhones (both 5s).

This was 14+ days ago, and the CPU hogging issue has not returned.

The only other thing to add is that iTunes is version 11.0.4; and all devices are completely up to date with their software also.

I am planning on trying the WIFI sync on the iPad again soon. Will update.

Jul 2, 2013 5:17 PM in response to shaggy19

Nevermind.

Further review indicates that two up to date (iOS 6.1.4, Build 10B350) as of 7pm CST 7/2/2013 still causing AppleMobileDeviceService.exe to peg one processor at 100%.

Going to turn off "Sync with this iPhone over WIFI" for both phones and see if that does it.

Shameful really.

Edit: iTunes up to date with 11.0.4.4

Message was edited by: shaggy19

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.