Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy the movie, can I keep it forever?

I'm thinking about buying a movie, want to know if its worth it

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 10:47 AM

Yes, you can keep purchased films for as long as you want it, and watch it as many times as you like.

Films can also be re-downloaded from the store in some countries, but even if you are in such a country there is no guarantee that they will remain in the store for future re-downloading, so it's best to take your own backup copy of it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2013 10:47 AM in response to Meggyann

Yes, you can keep purchased films for as long as you want it, and watch it as many times as you like.

Films can also be re-downloaded from the store in some countries, but even if you are in such a country there is no guarantee that they will remain in the store for future re-downloading, so it's best to take your own backup copy of it.

Jun 6, 2013 11:47 AM in response to Meggyann

Once you've downloaded it to your computer's iTunes, then you can find where it's stored by right-clicking (command-clicking on a Mac) it in the Movies part of your library and select 'show in explorer' ('show in finder') on a Mac and you can then copy it to a flash-drive, external drive, DVD etc (you can copy films to DVDs for backup purposes, but you won't be able to play them in DVD player).

By default your iTunes library is stored under :

• Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
  • Windows Vista: \Users\username\Music\iTunes
  • Windows 7 and Windows 8: \Users\username\My Music\iTunes

If I buy the movie, can I keep it forever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.