Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix erorr 9

hello guys i have this problem for over month right when i try to restore my ipod 4g 64gig to 6.1.3firmware start normal to apple icon and bar under the icon like any normal restore after 20 sec shutdown in giving mr erorr number 9 in itunes and trust me i try everything in internet to fix i change the usb delete it itunes and installed back to pc i try do it in anthere pc try costem frimware nothing seem to work the pig problem is the are no apple shops close to me to repair it soo anyone can help me with this issue and thanks

(Sorry for bad englsih)

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 11:38 AM

2 replies

Jun 6, 2013 12:12 PM in response to Aishida

Error 9

This error occurs when the device unexpectedly loses its USB connection with iTunes. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB troubleshooting, using a different USB dock-connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Not knowing exacly what you tried.

Sayinfg everythng does not say WHAt you tried

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store .

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

how to fix erorr 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.