Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I have mac os x 10.6.6 and need to update however keep getting the message " software update server ( 172.22.13.4 ) is not responding". My internet connections are all working. Any ideas how to solve this?

Hi I have mac os x 10.6.6 and need to update however keep getting the message " software update server ( 172.22.13.4 ) is not responding". My internet connections are all working. Any ideas how to solve this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 12:15 PM

2 replies

Jun 6, 2013 12:59 PM in response to Schoners

If you have enough room on the boot drive, head to System Preferences > Accounts and create another Admin Account, log out and into it and try your Software Update again.

If this doesn't work, connect a Ethernet cable to the router or modem (power off/on) and try again.

If this doesn't work then run through this list of fixes.

..Step by Step to fix your Mac

Diagnosing network issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.