Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see what is on my iCloud account?

How can I see what is on my iCloud account? I have gone on icloud.com and can only see my stored contacts and calendars. Where's the rest of it?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 12:34 PM

11 replies

Jun 6, 2013 12:43 PM in response to LidderZ

Only a subset of the data stored in your iCloud account is visible on icloud.com. You can see all the data you are syncing with iCloud on your iPad from within the apps that you are syning. For example, if you are contacts, calendars, reminders and notes with iCloud, you can see the data in the corresponding apps on your iPad. If you have photo stream enabled, your photo stream photos are in your my photo stream album in the photos app (keep in mind that photo stream photos don't count against your storage and don't take any room in your account). If you are backing up to iCloud, as uselessSABATOGE indicated, you can view some of the details of the backup in Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup...tap the name of your device under Backups, then look under Backup Options. (Note: this doesn't list everything included in the backup, it only lists the data that you have the option to either include or exclude from the backup.)

Jun 6, 2013 12:59 PM in response to LidderZ

This woud move your Pages documents to your account on the iCloud server, where they can be accesses from other devices you may have that are also signed into your account. The documents would be visible on icloud.com when you check from your computer. Other apps sync data however the app developer has designed them. A game, for example, may sync game data with other devices you may have so that your game progress remains consistent across your devices.

Jun 6, 2013 1:11 PM in response to LidderZ

The icloud backup will back up your entire camera roll, although I would also recommend you import them to your computer as explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083.

LidderZ wrote:

Also, if its set to back up iPhoto, will it backup the pictures that I've edited there or do they have to be in the camera role?

If you mean the iPhoto app, I'm not sure what app data is backed up. If you want to be safe, save them to the camera roll where they will be included in the backup and can be imported to your computer.

Sep 20, 2014 9:30 AM in response to LidderZ

Can anyone help me? I dropped my old phone, it broke and I had backed up everything. I no longer have that phone and my new once cannot back up to the cloud b/c of lack of storage. Is there a way to selectively delete files in the cloud? I can't even see everything that is in there but I know there is some useless junk in there I could delete. Thanks.

Sep 20, 2014 12:59 PM in response to RLlera

You can't see anything in a backup, you can only restore the entire backup to your phone. If you want to recover anything in the backup of your old phone without losing data on your new one, you would need to back up your new phone to your computer using iTunes (connect it to your computer, open iTunes, then go to File>Devices>Back Up and agree to back up apps and transfer purchases if prompted). Then you can restore the old backup as explained here: iCloud: Restore your iOS device from iCloud, save any recovered data that you want to keep, then restore the iTunes backup you made earlier.

Aug 21, 2016 1:20 PM in response to mapton

mapton wrote:

Apple somehow misses the point...again. We want to see what is in the Icloud drive not just use it to do an entire restore.

You can see what is in iCloud Drive just fine. Either through the iCloud Drive App or iCloud.com

What you cannot do is see what is in a Backup in iCloud.

These are 2 different things.

A Backup is a closed package used to restore a device to the point in time when it was taken.

iCloud Drive is a storage solution for files and photos where you can see everything organized in folders.

How can I see what is on my iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.