Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to buy a word processor for my iMac, or does it come with one?

I need a word processor for my iMac Intel iCore i5. I would'vee thought that it came with one pre loaded, and if it did I can't find it. Does it come with a word processor? If so, what's it called?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 12:00 PM

All Macs come with TextEdit which is a pretty good text processor. You can find it by clicking Spotlight (keyboard shortcut is Command - Spacebar) and type TextEdit.

However if you need a fully bodied word processor such as MS Word, there are many alternatives available. Anything from free on-line applications to Apple's Pages app (about $20) to MS Office for Mac which includes Word, Excel & Powerpoint. In short you have many many choices based on your needs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2013 12:00 PM in response to jpar73

All Macs come with TextEdit which is a pretty good text processor. You can find it by clicking Spotlight (keyboard shortcut is Command - Spacebar) and type TextEdit.

However if you need a fully bodied word processor such as MS Word, there are many alternatives available. Anything from free on-line applications to Apple's Pages app (about $20) to MS Office for Mac which includes Word, Excel & Powerpoint. In short you have many many choices based on your needs.

Jun 6, 2013 12:04 PM in response to jpar73

It depens on what you mean by word processor. Included on all Macs isTextEdit which is a text editor but not a full blown editor like Microsoft Word. A free app that it a bit more capablity is BEAN. Other free apps that has more capability is OpenOffice 3.4.1.

For other possible candidatges, both free and paid, go to MacUpdate.com and search for "word processor".

OT

Do I have to buy a word processor for my iMac, or does it come with one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.