Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover deleted photos from my iPhone 3?

I want to retrieve a few deleted pictures taken on two different iPhone 3s. Is there any way to? If you know how, then please tell me, and when you do, just to let you know, I don't know anything about Apple terms like iCloud or "photo streaming" or what they are, so if you're going to use them can you please explain what those are and how to recover the deleted pictures step by step. Thank you.

iPhone 3G

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 2:05 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2013 3:55 PM in response to hdkadn

If you don't know about icloud or photo stream, then you would not have a backup on icloud. The only possibility is if you've been performing backups to itunes on a computer or syncing photos to your computer, which is the suggested way of archiving photos. Then you would do either

1) restore your device from itunes, which means deleting everything from the device and restoring the backup from itunes, or

2) assuming you've been syncing photos to your computer, in iphoto on mac or some folder on a PC, then you can sync the missing photos back to the device using itunes.

If you haven't been doing backups, then the photos are gone, I'm afraid.

Nov 5, 2013 7:42 AM in response to hdkadn

To recover deleted photos from your iPhone 3, use one of the following methods after connecting your phone to the computer with which you normally sync:

1. Right-click (or Control-click) the device and choose Restore from Backup

2. If you have a new phone, you can connect to iTunes and it will prompt to restore from your backup

Solution from Apple.com: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

<Link Edited By Host>

How do I recover deleted photos from my iPhone 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.