Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic wiped itself and now wont sync to itunes

my ipod classic wiped off all my music when i went to turn it on. so i went and plugged it into my laptop and now itunes is not finding it. the ipod says connected but nothing is happening in itunes

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 4:08 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2014 1:07 PM in response to jaydeee1980

In your case, you may need to set up or update its settings for automatic syncing.

Select the iPod in iTunes. There is a row of buttons toward the top, starting with Summary. Click on Music next to Summary. This is the iPod's Music screen, where you tell iTunes how to sync songs to the iPod.

Check the box for Sync Music. If the iPod can hold your entire iTunes music library, you can choose to sync Entire music library. Otherwise, you can choose to sync Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres, and then make your selections from the lists below.

When you click Apply, iTunes syncs your iPod based on those settings on the iPod's Music screen. Going forward, changes to your iTunes music library sync automatically, based on the settings on the iPod's Music screen.

ipod classic wiped itself and now wont sync to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.