Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not syncing contacts to Mac Address Book

I know this issue has been previously brought up, however I haven't been able to find a successful answer and all of the threads I've come across are a bit older so I hope beginnig a new one will help.

As per the thread title, my iPhone contacts are not syncing with my Address Book on my Macbook.

To start from the beginning, I have ~7GB's of "Other" on my phone which on a 16GB iPhone takes up quite a bit of space, and not being able to fully define what all of the "Other' is, I've been told from a couple of people in the Apple store to try restoring my phone to bring that number down and free up some space.

I however refuse to restore my phone until everything is backed up, most importantly my contacts as I cannot lose the numbers of a handful of recent numbers. The handful is an amount far greater than I wish to hand write out and manually re-input after a restore is completed, so I hope to find a successful resolve to this issue before it gets to that.

(I've tried unselecting/selecting Sync Contacts in the Info tab multiple times, nothing promts to verify new/deleted contacts, I am not backing up via iCloud, I prefer everything stored on my computer and am also not backing up to my gmail account)

Any help would be appreciaited!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 7:41 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone not syncing contacts to Mac Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.