Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forwarding web traffic?

I have a OSX 10.8 mac mini server running a wiki server, this machines (and others in its network) assess's the Internet buy using a proxy (squid man) located on another Mac mini OSX 10.6 that acts as a gate keeper to the boarder network (bigger non OSX organisation) and the internet via this network. The Mini proxy has its own ip address and dns name (mywiki.orgdomain.com)

Organizational network (including WWW)

to

Mac mini proxy

to

Mac mini with wiki server

What i want to achieve is when someone in the broader organizational network asks for proxy mac mini e.g. mywiki.orgdomain.com that it forwards to the actual wiki server 10.1.1.10 or server.foobar.private on the other side of said proxy machine and the user can access the wiki server.

I have done a whole bunch of googling but I am even struggling to find the right key words, any push's in the right direction would be awesome.

thanks

josh

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 10.8

Posted on Jun 6, 2013 9:47 PM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2013 12:50 AM in response to joshkane

I guess it's not clear to me what your question is.

I mean, I get that you want the proxy server to proxy the connection to the wiki server. What I'm not getting is what's not working now.

From the sound of it, all the machines on the LAN are configured to use the proxy server, and the proxy server is already configured to proxy requests to/from other servers, so what's different here?

Are you concerned that the proxy server is caching the content and users are seeing cached, rather than the latest wiki content?

Or are you saying that the users are bypassing the proxy server, going straight to the wiki server?

Or is there something else at issue here?

Forwarding web traffic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.