Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share internet from Macbook to android phone via bluetooth?

I have a 13' macbook pro connecting to interent through ethernet. The macbook is runing Mac OSX10.8.4. Now I want to share the internet with my android phone via bluetooth. The android phone is google nexus S running android 4.1.2

The ariport of the 13' macbook pro is used as a base station to share the interent with my 15' retina macbook pro at 5GHz, but my cellphone cannot pick up 5GHz signal, also I don't want to use 2.4GHz signal.

Could anyone help to figure out how can I figure out this interent sharing problem ?

Many thanks

Kyle

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 4:58 AM

Did you set up Internet Sharing to share from WiFi to Bluetooth PAN?

Does the phone use Bluetooth PAN?

If you've done all that and can't get internet, try adding a Domain Name Server to your phone, such as OpenDNS or Google. The addresses are:

OpenDNS:

208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Google:

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

I don't have any other ideas.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2013 4:58 AM in response to KyleFromGunma

Did you set up Internet Sharing to share from WiFi to Bluetooth PAN?

Does the phone use Bluetooth PAN?

If you've done all that and can't get internet, try adding a Domain Name Server to your phone, such as OpenDNS or Google. The addresses are:

OpenDNS:

208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Google:

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

I don't have any other ideas.

Jun 7, 2013 5:09 AM in response to KyleFromGunma

Just pairing the phone may not be the way to get it to use internet over bluetooth. There are several Bluetooth connection methods. The basic pairing would likely be just to sync contacts, messages, etc.

You'd have to look up how to configure the phone to get internet over Bluetooth. I would guess it would be in the Network settings, if it exists at all.

How to share internet from Macbook to android phone via bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.