Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad almost out of Space. Is there a way to delete non flagged photo's from iPad

iPad almost out of Space. Is there a way to delete non flagged photo's from iPad to reclaim the much needed space.

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 6:10 AM

5 replies

Jun 7, 2013 6:43 AM in response to KmBreen

Photos taken with the iPad or copied from emails or website can be deleted using the Photos app.

Photos copied to the iPad by syncing with your computer are deleted by doing another sync but before clicking on .sync or Apply deselect in iTunes, the albums you no longer want on the iPad. Once you click on Sync or Apply those deselected albums will be deleted.

Jun 7, 2013 7:08 AM in response to Ralph9430

Just had the birth of my first son. So took my trusty Rebel 4Ti and iPad with camera SD addapter. I have about 1500 pictures on the iPad. I have gone through and picked the photo's that are the best and have narrowed the 1500 pictures down to about 400. I have the photo's flagged using iPhoto for the iPad. I have import all the photos on the ipad to an external hard drive but would like to delete the Non Flagge photo's from the iPad. Is there a way to do this?

Jun 19, 2013 4:17 AM in response to BASDawg

The photos in the camea roll can only be deleted by tapping each one of them, if you want to do that on the iPad:

User uploaded file

Th brute force way would be to connect the iPad to your computer as a camera, import the Photos that you want to delete into iPhoto, and then enable the option to delete them after importing.

Then delete the photos you imported, but don't put more than ahundred photos at once into the Trash without emptying the Trash.

Regards

Léonie

iPad almost out of Space. Is there a way to delete non flagged photo's from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.