Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Differentiated email checking on iphone 4

I have several e-mail accounts on my iPhone 4, some are work related, and some are private.

I wished there where an option in the mail settings, that would alow me to get push mail within certain time limits.

• I would like my iPhone 4 to check work related e-mail accounts ONLY within working hours, which is 8 AM to 4 PM
  • I would like my iPhone 4 to check private related e-mail accounts ONLY after working hours, which is 4 PM to 10 PM
  • I would like my iPhone 4 to NOT check any e-mail accounts while I'm asleep, which is 10 PM to 6 AM

But how do I go about this? I can't find any settings on iPhone 4, that allow me to do this.

Do I have to use an app to help me with this, or?

I hope someone can help me - and thousands of others, who suffer under this problem.

Sincerely

Jan Áki Andreasen

Denmark

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3, MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz 4GB 10.8.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 4:23 AM

6 replies

Jun 7, 2013 4:50 AM in response to Andreasen

Do not waste your time. This is a user to user tech support forum. There is no one from the "Apple staff" here. Apple does not monitor this forum. So Apple will not answer your question.

As far as the functionality you require being available, you have found out it is not available on the iPhone. The only thing I can suggest is that you use Do not Disturb while you are alseep. The phone will check your email, but it will not bother you if an email comes in.

If you are wondering whether there is an app that does this, I suggest you check the App store or do a Google search.

Jun 7, 2013 5:45 AM in response to FelipeV

I know this is a user-to-user support forum - hence the reason I post my question here!

And it is certainly not a waste of time to post a question in this forum!

I find your replies, FelipeV, offensive in tone, and kindly ask you to refrain from commenting anymore on my posting! If you do not have any constructive answers to share with me, I rather not hear from you at all.

For the rest of the forum users, I still hope, someone has some good ideas on how to handle my problem.

Jun 7, 2013 9:56 AM in response to Andreasen

Obviously you did not take the time to read the post. And if I came across as offensive, that was my not my intention:

1). I said not to waste your time waiting for an answer from Apple, as Apple does not participate here.

2). The functionality you seek on the iPhone is not present in iOS. Do a search of the help section on this site if you are not convinced. If you think it is important feature and that there are thousands who like you, are suffrering, then leave feedback:

www.apple.com/feedback

If a lot of people ask for that feature maybe Apple will take note and the feature might find its way to a future iOS release.

3). I offered 2 work arounds to your dilemma, that while not perfect, would have accomplished what you wanted. Use DND and/or turn off the particular email account at the hours you do not wish to receive email from those particular accounts.

4) If tthe above is not acceptable to you, I suggested you do a Google search to see if an app is available. You could also try the App store.

I have offered, and have just restated constructive answers. Whether you want to heed them or not, it is up to you. I really do not care.

Have a nice day.

Differentiated email checking on iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.