Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.0.4 - Window is blank white

So I had been running 11.0.2 without issue (OS 10.6.8) until yesterday I decided to run all of my updates (including iTunes 11.0.3). When everything was finished and I restarted the computer and tried opening iTunes. iTunes refused to open and gave me a message which stated "iTunes cannot be opened on this type of Mac". I was very confused and looked for another update, which there was (11.0.4). So I updated to the current version hoping that would solve my problem. When I tried to open the current version iTunes would launch, but all I got was a blank white window where Itunes should be. I tried removing the .plist file from preferences and iTunes opened, but the window only partially loaded and the partial buttons displayed were non-functional. Has anybody encountered this or know the fix? I have repaired permissions and that didn't work either. I am at a loss. Please help. You are my final hope, Apple community.

17" iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 13" Macbook

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 9:11 AM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2013 10:43 AM in response to Bramthorne

I'm having exactly the same problem, downloaded iTunes 11.0.4 and now I can't purchase any music or anything, all i get is a blank screen, nothing i try seems to work. I've read so many blogs and many seem to be having the same problem. My mac is 10.6.8 which according to Apple Store is fine to work with the new iTunes but apparently this is wrong. I've also seen that this is happening internationally too. Apple needs to sort this out asap! Does anyone know how to fix this!?

iTunes 11.0.4 - Window is blank white

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.