Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime audio playback problem

Hello,

I am using a hardware based h.264/aac encoder to record mp4 files.

These files play flawlessly on any mediaplayer I am able to get my hands on, e.g. VLC, Microsoft Media Player, Media Player Classic, Adobe Premiere Elements, except for Quicktime and other apple software.

The problem is that the audio track is only played back until about half of file (with QT 10.1 on MacOS 10.7.5 and on MacOS 10.8). If QT is running under Windows it is not playing back any audio at all. Other apple related software like iMovie and Final Cut Pro show the same issue.

I tried different environments which all show the same behavior and different mp4 files are playing just fine.

The actual h.264/aac stream seems to be ok, as other players can play it back properly, so the problem might be the compatibility of the file's structure with apple codecs.

Sadly I cannot get proper support from the manufacturer of the encoder and I cannot find information on similar problems between mp4 files and apple codecs.

Any ideas and suggestions are very much appreciated.

thanks in advance

- Oliver

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 10:11 AM

1 reply

Quicktime audio playback problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.