Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help for ACMT exam.

Hi, I'm getting ready my knowledge for ACMT's exam but I have a doubt: the manual I'm studying refers a lot to Apple'S SSOL (Service Source On Line) which is no longer available exept you work for an AASP and have access to GSX: The question is, as the only information source available is Apple's Support area: where can I get the Technical Manuals/Guides to dismount/mount + which tools for a particular machine? I can see only Users Manuals...

Hope my question is clear.

TIA

Simon

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), MB Pro Late 2011 - 16 Gbyte RAM

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 10:05 AM

17 replies

Jun 17, 2013 8:47 AM in response to dnthmn515

I doubt that anyone you can reach through these forums would be authorized to send you those documents. Apple explictly prohibits anyone from sending service guides to someone outside of the service center you're employed by. You'll probably need to work through your employer's contacts at Apple service support or send an email to svc.trng@apple.com. Note, however, that if you're certified as of June 23, you don't need to recertify any longer:

No more ACMT recertifications: All service technicians with existing ACMT certifications as of June 23 will be granted a new ACMT certification that eliminates yearly recertification exams. This new certification will allow the same ordering of service parts as the preceding ACMT certification and will not expire.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5708

Regards.

May 4, 2016 9:19 AM in response to luxuryliner67

Hello,

My current workplace is trying to get myself and a couple others ACMT certified. I know that I have to take the mac-16a cert and the svc-16a cert, however, I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to what could be more of a benefit. I have access to ATLAS and the course materials so I'm doing a self study. I was wondering if I will be able to use my notes on the exam with the proctor and if I will have access to the internet as many of the atlas courses have links that would take a long time to put into notes so I studied them and did a quick link for reference.

Anything really would help.

Thanks!

May 4, 2016 9:59 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

That helps thank you, it's been a month for our representative and I just recently contacted apple so about two days which is in the actual apples window. I've been working here for two months and they just put this in along with me pulling wire through about 8 other buildings so I'm trying to disperse my time between everything, a wife, and two dogs. So in all fairness apple could contact me today and be within their suggested timeframe. I was just looking to see if I was on the right track given I only have a year from start to cert and I'll have to travel from Michigan to another state to cert as well. Again, thank you for your timely responses I do appreciate that!

May 4, 2016 10:33 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Sounds good! I will certainly do so. It's been a process another guy here who use to work for apple was ACMT certified and he was trying to figure out this new process with me because it's pretty complex since they took away a lot of qualified training centers. I probably wont be taking it for another couple months (Sept-Nov) timeframe discussed. When I do I will let you know. Have a good one until then.

May 4, 2016 10:59 AM in response to deggie

I thought that too - but to be sure, I went only as far as checking his "Participated" content "list"

User uploaded file

I just drove down into the actual thread... in it, it does show varjak paw's last participation in that thread was in 2014. = My mistake

This indicates that the thread is what we fondly refer to as a "Zombie Thread" = a result of SPAM removal from the thread

Help for ACMT exam.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.