Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Request Moderation Contact Us

This request is for the moderation.

We believe there is a topic on the forums that contains false and potentially libelous statements about our company. Could someone from moderation contact us directly using the email address registered to this account? Looks like 1-2 people created accounts to do just that and confuse other users.

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 11:27 AM

24 replies

Mar 31, 2015 12:29 PM in response to AppleZack

Why is it impossible to get in contact with the moderators of this forum? Twice now, I've had something removed and the email I get is vague at best as to why, the email is send only to prevent an exchange on the matter and there appears to be not publicized contact for anyone in the community moderation or support department. How is this customer service?

Mar 31, 2015 12:37 PM in response to ronson11B

What does the hosts here deleting your nonconforming posts here have to do with customer service? You are paying anything to participate here. If you received a letter it conveyed a section of the Terms of Use that you read, agreed to, and violated. If you don't like the rules here there are other sites not owned by Apple that you can participate in.

Reading your letter in your other thread it would seem you suggested hacking OS X and may have included a link to a non-Apple site that would aid in doing so.

Mar 31, 2015 2:49 PM in response to ronson11B

ronson11B wrote:

Did I say I chatted with a moderator? No, I don't believe I did. For someone who spends so much time reading contracts you're not dong a very go job reading or comprehending my responses.

There is nothing in your posts to 'comprehend'. They are nonsensical and off topic rantings. I see some have been removed.......again.

Pete

Apr 1, 2015 10:34 PM in response to ronson11B

ronson11B wrote:

Why is it impossible to get in contact with the moderators of this forum? Twice now, I've had something removed and the email I get is vague at best as to why, the email is send only to prevent an exchange on the matter and there appears to be not publicized contact for anyone in the community moderation or support department. How is this customer service?

The facts are:

1. Apple owns this site and makes the forums available at no charge.

2. If you open an account here, you must agree to their terms.

3. They do not owe you a dialog exchange.

4. The last paragraphs of the ToU are self-explanatory:

• If you fail to abide by these terms Apple may remove your submission. Apple may also send an email that informs you that your Submission has been deleted or edited. Repeated inappropriate Submissions may result in your relevant account or accounts being placed into temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the areas on the Site.
  • If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior which Apple considers to be serious and/or repeated, Apple may use all available information about you to stop any further infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, Internet service provider, or law enforcement authorities of the infringement.
  • Apple reserves the right to delete any Submission, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.

• 5. Being volunteers here spending our time trying to help other users, we appreciate an appropriate and polite dialog.

Apr 2, 2015 8:31 AM in response to babowa

In my experience volunteers do so to help not hinder. I simply asked why it is that, what I would call customer service, on a site owned by the company that produces the products that are in discussion therein, is below a standard that any reasonable customer should expect. If someone is trying to help another with an issue and for whatever reason that is within the ToU, a post has been deleted. What is so hard about an explanation? I contacted a department that has nothing to do with the forum and they went out of their way to get me an answer. That is what I call customer service and if the email sent to me regarding the deletion, had a simple explanation, rather than an inference to read the ToU and an opportunity for an exchange (not sure why that is so outside the realm of what is considered reasonable here) then I could have gained a better understanding and/or had an opportunity to express my part on the matter and this probably wouldn't even be a discussion. That is the way customer service in every business used to run, and how some still do. How the policy of standing behind a legal statement without response became acceptable to anyone is beyond me. Regardless of weather it is a forum or otherwise and if one decides to become a moderator, I would think that they do so for the purpose of easing the difficulty of forum members, not to exacerbate it by doing nothing more than referring people to a legal statement and acting as if anyone is in violation of it or has issue with it, is some kind of enemy to be dismissed, put down or ostracized.

Apr 2, 2015 9:46 AM in response to ronson11B

The term 'customer service' is usually used in conjunction with a direct service a company provides; if you read the ToU, Apple does not participate here. They are providing the site for users (volunteers) to help other users; while doing so, everyone has to abide by the terms of the site owner. And, any site owner is free to impose any terms they wish - if someone does not like or agree with the terms, they do not have to use the site.

If you want customer service provided by Apple, I suggest you actually contact Apple - by phone, mail, the online support process, a Genius Bar appointment for a specific problem, or an Apple store for anything in general.

This is a good place to start (if you will note, these forums are a separate category and it's clear that you will only be speaking with other users):

http://www.apple.com/support/

This will be my last comment here. Good luck.

Request Moderation Contact Us

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.