Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paste table in Apple Mail, keep grid lines??

I often find it useful to paste a small list from my Numbers document or Excel document into the body of my email (Apple Mail). But Mail always eliminates the grid lines when I paste. Does anyone know how to either retain the grid lines when I paste, or add them back in?

I want it to look like this:

Status

Name

Type of Business

student

Tom

Online sales of Chinese antiques (customers in China and US, and some other countries in Europe)

student

James

Makes sock monkeys herself; sells them online and in 15 local stores; she is a Launch Pad awardee

student

student

Maria

Makes and sells jewelry

student

Louise

Wants to open an afterschool program for teens in arts and career building

But whenever I try to paste this into Apple Mail (in the body of an email), it looks like this:

Status Name Type of Business

student Tom Online sales of Chinese antiques (customers in China and US, and some other countries in Europe)

student James Makes sock monkeys hherself; sells them online and in 15 local stores; she is a Launch Pad awardee

student

student Maria Makes and sells jewelry

student Louise Wants to open an afterschool program for teens in arts and career building

HOW CAN I KEEP THE GRIDLINES? In many instances, they make the table much more readable for the email recipient.

OR HOW DO I ADD THEM BACK IN?

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 11:18 AM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2013 11:22 AM in response to AdamoStuarte

Actually, I don't encounter problems with columns. So, here is a better example that shows how the formatting is the same, except for the gridlines. It's simply the gridlines that I can't manage to make appear. How can I get those gridlines to appear?

Status

Name

Type of Business

student

Tom

Online sales of Chinese antiques

student

James

Makes sock monkeys herself; sells them online and in 15 local stores;

student

student

Maria

Makes and sells jewelry

student

Louise

Wants to open an afterschool program for teens in arts and career building

Status Name Type of Business

student Tom Online sales of Chinese antiques

student James Makes sock monkeys hherself; sells them online and in 15 local stores

student

student Maria Makes and sells jewelry

student Louise Wants to open an afterschool program for teens in arts and career building

Paste table in Apple Mail, keep grid lines??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.