Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There was an error opening the database for the library “/Volumes/Aperture Master/Unknown/Aperture Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary”. what do I do now?

There was an error opening the database for the library “/Volumes/Aperture Master/Unknown/Aperture Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary”.

What do I do now. I cant access the photos on the drive. The only option is Quit? what ??????????

Please help ready to throw computer and drive out the window. I have a deadline of next Tuesdaythe 11th.

Aperture 3, it failed again

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 12:34 PM

Start Aperture while holding down the option and command keys. You'll get a Photo Library First Aid dialog as below.

User uploaded file

Try Repair Database first. If that doesn't work, then redo the startup with option-command and try Rebuild Database. These repair processes can take a long time with a larger library.

If all that fails, you can try creating a new library from scratch and then try importing the old library into the new. This sometimes can fix problems that can't be repaired the First Aid way.

Also make sure the drive where the Aperture library is located is working properly. You can check it with Disk Utility app.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2013 12:34 PM in response to buyola

Start Aperture while holding down the option and command keys. You'll get a Photo Library First Aid dialog as below.

User uploaded file

Try Repair Database first. If that doesn't work, then redo the startup with option-command and try Rebuild Database. These repair processes can take a long time with a larger library.

If all that fails, you can try creating a new library from scratch and then try importing the old library into the new. This sometimes can fix problems that can't be repaired the First Aid way.

Also make sure the drive where the Aperture library is located is working properly. You can check it with Disk Utility app.

Jun 7, 2013 12:35 PM in response to Thomas Emmerich

Did you move your library recently to that drive "Volumes/Aperture Master/" or has it always been there?

How is that drive formatted? And what is your Aperture version? Is it the most recent Aperture 3.4.5?

This error message is usually accompnied by a crashlog in the error message panel. Is there a crashlog?

Then copy the error message and post the log here.

There was an error opening the database for the library “/Volumes/Aperture Master/Unknown/Aperture Pictures/Aperture Library.aplibrary”. what do I do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.