Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD Multiplexer Error during Muxing Preparation during burn

Having discovered iDVD is not on current Macs and having read through previous discussions on the topic, I loaded iDVD '09 (v 7.03) to burn a project I created in iMovie '11 (v 9.09). After a simple set up of theme in iDVD and pushing the Burn button, I received a Multiplexer Error message stating There was an error during muxing preperation (project conversion). Though I have read through previous discussion on the topic, I have not found an answer as to what's wrong. I have no chapter or comment markers - just still images, a single video clip, 2 songs. It is a fairly simple movie compared to others I've done. I use the same DVD media (Memorex) I have previously used, trying both single and double density DVD's, though files size should easily fit on single density. I have made duplicate files, disc image, rebooted and all the other suggestions that previous folks have made - still with the same result. I've spent a fair bit of time creating my projects, and am now concerned about finishing them. Any thoughts on the multiplexer error issue would be GREATLY appreciated. Many Thanks.

iDVD '09-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 1:16 PM

5 replies

Jun 7, 2013 1:32 PM in response to I Am Kawika

Firest download and apply the iDVD 7.1.2 updater to bring it to to the last versions. Then follow this workflow to help ensure the best quality video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

iDVD Multiplexer Error during Muxing Preparation during burn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.