Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I have iDVD automatically return to the previous menu when it encounters a subsequent chapter marker?

How do I have iDVD automatically return to the previous menu when it encounters a subsequent chapter marker?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 6:49 PM

8 replies

Jun 8, 2013 9:21 AM in response to wkankovsky

Can you explain in a bit more detail? Are you playing a selected chapter from a Scenes menu? If so what menu do you want to return to? It will return to the Scenes menu that you started from.

If you're playing the movie from the full, play button the movie will play thru to the end and returnm to the main menu you came from.

OT

Jun 8, 2013 10:38 AM in response to wkankovsky

It's supposed to to that if you start from the Scenes menu. How were the chapters added to the movie? The few movies I've make with chapters in iMovie do return to the Scenes menu after the selected scene has finished.

Chapters should not be added withing 2 seconds of a transition if you've inserted transitions into the movie.

Jun 8, 2013 11:19 AM in response to wkankovsky

Not any more. There was an Apple page but it's no longer available. . It's discussed in Bengt Wärleby's post here: How to make chapters in iMovie for iDVD?: Apple Support Communities.

Since you're edited the movie it would be best to start a new iDVD project and add it anew to it. There's a but with iDVD that's discussed again by Bengt here: iDVD Modified Asset Warning: Apple Support Communities. You'll notice my post there to but what I suggest doesn't always work so it's safer to start anew.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.