Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Letterbox and Text FCP 7

Hi is there a way that I can prevent scrolling text from crossing the letterbox like so:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I just want it to start on the video. I'm guessing no but I was just wondering. Thanks!

well seems like the picture isn't showing up - the text coming up from the bottom crosses the letterbox then onto the image if that helps.

Thanks

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009)

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 10:06 PM

Go to Effects > Video Filters > Matte > Widescreen and drag the Widescreen effect and apply it to the Scrolling Text clip on the timeline.

Once it is applied, double click on the clip on the timeline you just applied the filter to do load it to the viewer. Once it is loaded to the viewer, click on the Filters tab and make any adjustment you need.

MtD

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2013 10:06 PM in response to dmorton750

Go to Effects > Video Filters > Matte > Widescreen and drag the Widescreen effect and apply it to the Scrolling Text clip on the timeline.

Once it is applied, double click on the clip on the timeline you just applied the filter to do load it to the viewer. Once it is loaded to the viewer, click on the Filters tab and make any adjustment you need.

MtD

Letterbox and Text FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.