Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot download anything in my iPhone 5 from apple stor or other places. It gives me error 9001 . If it is about country issue I want to refund my money I spent in a brand that do not respect my country. Please feed back . Sahar Ali from Sudan

I cannot download anything in my iPhone 5 from apple stor or other places. It gives me error 9001 . If it is about country issue I want to refund my money I spent in a brand that do not respect my country. Please feed back . Sahar Ali from Sudan

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 10:23 PM

3 replies

Jun 8, 2013 12:45 AM in response to saharali12

As far as I can see there isn't currently an iTunes store in Sudan, so you won't be able to buy/download any items from iTunes - you won't be able to use another country's store as you need to be within a country with a valid billing address in it to use its store

If you want a refund for your phone then you will need to try taking it back to the store that you bought it from and see if you are within their returns period

Jun 8, 2013 4:32 AM in response to King_Penguin

Sorry but I can't accept this solution. It's still in the grantee period but no refund. Even the store who sold me didn't know that you have discrimination policy!!

I own this phone now and I want it's services . This is part of the deal. No applications are in your device unless you download it . What you should do is to make an apple store here in my country and to allow us to use all your applications from the web . My personal advice as a PM is not to loose such big market like Sudan, specially for discrimination reason.

For now I think it's better for all to let go this bad policy and treat everyone equally . We bought your phones to use , please consider this seriously .

Jun 8, 2013 4:42 AM in response to saharali12

I'm just a fellow user, you're not talking to iTunes Support on these forums, I don't have a 'discimination policy'. Try contacting Apple.

Before they will be able to have an iTunes store they will need to get agreement from enough content providers (app developers, TV studios, record companies) to have their content for sale there, and there might also be laws in your country that restrict things. There may also still be US trade sanctions against Sudan that prevent US companies trading there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.