Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dear apple fanboys. Why can't my ipod connect to my wifi?

That ipod won't connect to my wifi. Same with all other idevices. (from friends coming over etc). Also, the home button is completely jammed because it fell on the carpet. PC's, SAMSUNG devices and other stuff work great with our wifi. Why apple? Why do idevices only work (good) with apple wifi??? And more important, how am i supposed to fix it???

<Edited By Host>

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1, ***

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 3:41 AM

3 replies

Jun 8, 2013 9:07 AM in response to Batsbak

Does the iPod connect to other networks?

Does the iPod see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iPod connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on the router

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jun 8, 2013 9:54 AM in response to Batsbak

We in the community will help but you need to change you aggressive language and provide some information about your issues so we can offer relevant support

As for the damage to the home button a simple drop on carpet is most unlikely to cause the recessed button any damage what so ever, however hammering (pressing too heavily may compress the contacts permanently)

This issue needs a visit to a genius bar and a replacement button one way or another.

Leaving it will certainly reduce your battery performance - Not a good thing.

Right even from what you have already said I am almost certain your issues are with your router and more specifically the way you have enabled the security and/or its firmware which may be outdated.

The Apple products support WPA2 (Sometimes appended Personal, AES or TKIP) but not (Enterprise) security encryption .

You should not be using WEP its just NOT secure ! and WPA is not supported.

Log into your routers java control panel console within a web browser and check the security and come back and tell us what type you have set at the moment.

Also tell us the make/model of your router please.

Aug 24, 2013 9:17 AM in response to Keith Doherty3

I'm sorry about my language, I shouldn't have done that. I sent my ipod to repair, but I got a letter saying that it is fall damage, wich is true. But they didn't want to repair it, so I could get it back at the local store, not get it back or let them repair it for $300! That is just crazy! In the letter where 4 more pages with pictures of the broken part and text saying that it is my fault. You can understand why I wasn't quite happy about that. And again, I'm sorry for my language. As far as I know, the firmware of my router is up to date, and my other devices can connect, so I don't think the problem is my router. Also it's WPA2 so... The weirdest thing is, my brother's ipod works fine with our wifi.

Dear apple fanboys. Why can't my ipod connect to my wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.