Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting nsdates to NSStrings and vice-versa

hi, as part of an app I'm writing(my first) I need to constantly convert NSDates to NSStrings and vice-versa. So I thought I would write the 2 functions but include them as methods with the main controller and call them with something like

[self convertToDate:stringToConvert]

However , I'm experiencing problems and getting warnings all over the place - may be because I'm calling them from within 'proper' methods in the class. The functions themselves are pretty straight forward and I've copied them from forums like this one

I realise this is probably not best practice , but how else would I do it? Would I create a separate .h and .m files.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received. I have posted threads about mixing normal functions and methods on this forum and I am grateful for all your feedback , and this relates to this matter , but I'm starting to wonder if my approach is wrong?

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011)

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 3:06 AM

3 replies

Converting nsdates to NSStrings and vice-versa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.