Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone5 wont turn on

My i5 won't turn on, it won't even take a charge. HELP!!

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 6:40 AM

21 replies

Jun 8, 2013 8:15 AM in response to 0hscotty

If you have left it on the charger for at least an hour and you get no response when attempting to turn on the phone try a reset. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider should one appear until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

If that doesn't help I suggest a trip to Apple for service. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

Oct 3, 2013 11:08 PM in response to 0hscotty

This just happened to me too (iPhone 5 running iOS7) and I freaked out...thought I was going to have to get a new phone and was affraid I'd lost my most recent photos since my last backup. I had tried the reset before coming here and it didn't work, but I must not have held it long enough, because after reading the responses here I tried the reset again, and after about 30-40 sec my phone finally came back on! Thanks for all of your help 🙂

Dec 13, 2013 2:01 PM in response to Sully10

if a hard reset doesnt work for u try holding down the home button while plugging it into power and keep holding it down until u see an itunes logo appear on the screen. this will bypass the software glitch ur having and put the device into recovery mode.

if this works then try to hard reset again to take it out of recovery mode. if it will not hard reset out of recovery mode then ur software has critically failed and u will have to restore iphone using itunes.

if it doesnt work then u will need to get the device replaced

iphone5 wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.