Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal events entered on iPhone disappear

I have an iPhone 4 running version 6.0.1. My desktop computer is an iMac running 10.6.8, and I have no desire whatsoever to upgrade the OS.

I charge and sync the phone to the desktop, and events from the calendars used to sync just fine. Now I am finding that some events I first entered on my phone disappear from both the phone and desktop iCal. I haven't been watchful enough to know if the event ever appears on the desktop calendar. Also, some events are doubling up.

On the desktop, I have iTunes 11.0.1 and iCal 4.0.4. I have an iCloud account but that calendar is totally empty except for recurring events long ago deleted.

I have looked through requests like mine, but am having trouble following.

Help! I'm having to wonder if I'm supposed to be somewhere else.

Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, Desktop iMac 10.6.8

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 2:19 PM

4 replies

Jun 13, 2013 7:25 AM in response to CarlAVII

Thank you. Now have different problem:

Went through the process above. When I first hooked phone up via USB, an event from the Desktop transfered to the phone. Good.

Then I added an event to the phone's calendar. Will not appear on Desktop calendar.

Now, event added to Desktop calendar does not appear on phone.

These steps were all via iTunes.

Tried to force syncing through iSync. iSync does not detect the phone, even though iTunes does and About This Mac/More Info/Hardware sees the phone as connected.

I am really confused.

iCal events entered on iPhone disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.