Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 imessage wifi and backup problem plaguing me

After days and hours of frustration I am reaching out for some help! This is my first post so here goes...

Iphone 5

Running 6.1.4

1) my first issue started with imessage. My messages were not being sent or received and every time I attempt to sign in using my apple account it says my password is incorrect - which it isn't!!

2) second issue arose when trying to sort out the imessage issue. I thought I would try to backup and restore my iphonenvia my laptops iTunes library. However, my iPhone wont backup due to an unknown issue

3) third and final issue is after resetting my iPhone setting to try and rectify the imessage issue I can no longer connect to my homes wifi network. My pad and partners iPhone 4 is working fine. I keep getting "incorrect password" when again, it's correct!! I have a bt home hub 3.

I would also add that this is my 2nd iPhone 5 as my first one had a major hardware failure and was immediately replaced. HELP

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 1:01 PM

12 replies

Jun 9, 2013 4:44 AM in response to Hondalewis05

Hondalewis05 wrote:

No I think you misunderstand me, my password is correct but my phone is not accepting it. For app purchases it works fine but trying to link to imessage and it doesn't allow it .

Also, i cannot backup as I get an error message saying "unable to backup due to an unknown error".

If your iPhone do not accept your password, so how can that be correct?

Delete your backup and try again.

iTunes > Preferences...(Windows: Edit > Preferences...) > Devices > select backup, click Delete button.

Jun 17, 2013 2:10 AM in response to Hondalewis05

Hondalewis05, have you had any luck getting help on this from the apple store support? I have the same problem on my iphone 5 with incorrect wifi password message on all password protected wifi networks and with inability to make backups. Resetting or restoring from older backups does not work. The problem is extremely annoying. I live in Russia and there are no native Apple stores here to get help from, so please post here if there is any solution to this.

iPhone 5 imessage wifi and backup problem plaguing me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.