Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My lock button is broken.

My iPhone 4 lock/sleep button has been fine for the past year and was working fine earlier this morning but this afternoon I was having trouble pressing it. The lock button is very hard to press on if I want to lock or turn my phone off now. I have no idea how this happened to my phone or if it can be fixed at an Apple store because I don't think that I have a warranty on my phone. At the moment I am using assistive touch to lock the phone but it is extremely unconvienent for me since I am constantly texting and on social networking sites which result in me constantly locking my phone.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 2:30 PM

Yes, that can be repaired, take it to your nearest Apple Store.

1 reply

My lock button is broken.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.