Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 3GS 16GB with 6.1 IOS - Telephone transmission problems

Apparently, since I loaded some antivirus/download apps, I am having problems with my telephone acoustics. I can make a call and hear the recipient but they cannot hear me. The mute button is not switched on ! I have tried removing recent apps but the problem remains. Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Sandy3gs

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 3:25 PM

Without understanding the logic, I would try deleting the antivirus app(s) on the grounds that there are no known viruses relevent to iphones and such apps are a waste of space.

4 replies

Jun 9, 2013 2:00 AM in response to sandy3gs

I have found that the phone sometimes works properly then there is distortion and once again the other party cannot hear me although I can hear them.

On checking verious internet sources for advice, it seems to me that there is a hardware problem i.e. the microphone needs to be replaced - a telephone repair company in Germany will do this for 29 Euros (ca. $50) incl. postage and promises a 24h turnaround service. This will hopefully end my frustration.

I will report the outcome of the repair here.

Iphone 3GS 16GB with 6.1 IOS - Telephone transmission problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.