Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

temporally delete side bar in numbers

Need more real estate on the desk top.

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 11:41 PM

Hi Kuhu,

Can't be done.

You can, however,reduce it's width to about 25% of the default size, as I've done in Utitled, below. (Drag the || seen right of "Sheets" to the left.)

You can gain some vertical space by hiding the toolbar and the format bar, as I've done with Untitled 2 and Untitled 3.* (View > Hide...)

You can drag the document window to the left to hide the Sheets list (sidebar), as I've done with Untitled 3.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

* You can also go to Full Screen mode (View > Enter Full Screen).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2013 11:41 PM in response to Kuhu

Hi Kuhu,

Can't be done.

You can, however,reduce it's width to about 25% of the default size, as I've done in Utitled, below. (Drag the || seen right of "Sheets" to the left.)

You can gain some vertical space by hiding the toolbar and the format bar, as I've done with Untitled 2 and Untitled 3.* (View > Hide...)

You can drag the document window to the left to hide the Sheets list (sidebar), as I've done with Untitled 3.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

* You can also go to Full Screen mode (View > Enter Full Screen).

Jun 9, 2013 3:28 AM in response to Barry

Thank you very much, I guessed as much but, I like to be sure and I certainly was not. But this raises another question, your untittled, and untittled 2 I have tried but your untittled 3 I can't seem to be able to do. Would this be because I am using Lion and not Mountain Lion. If not, I would appreciate, if you don't mind, a bit more info as it appeares to be what I was hoping to achieve.

thanks Albert.

Jun 9, 2013 10:28 AM in response to Kuhu

Hi Albert,

" your untittled, and untittled 2 I have tried but your untittled 3 I can't seem to be able to do. Would this be because I am using Lion and not Mountain Lion."

Untitled, Untitled 2, and Untited 3 are three separate documents, that I had not Saved (and given names).

To move a document window, place the mouse pointer in the Title bar, to the left or right of the document title, then press the mouse button and drag to the left until the Sheets list sidebar is moved off the left edge of the display. Release the mouse button.

There should be no difference in method in Lion—I've used in it Tiger, Leopard and Mountain Lion.

While moving the window to the side does give you more space to display the table content, you do lose immediate access to the red, amber and green 'gumdrops' used to close the window, move the window to the Dock and toggle the window between two pre-set sizes, as well as any Tool and Format buttons above the sheets list.

Regards,

Barry

temporally delete side bar in numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.