Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question mark on QuickTime logo. Please help!

QuickTime logo with question mark keeps showing up on a video that worked earlier today (I haven't changed any settings.) The URL I'm trying to access is http://historicalthinkingmatters.org/scopestrial/.

Everything on the site works, save for the Quicktime videos. I've tried enabling and disabling Quicktime, Flash, Silverlight, and Flip4Mac in various configurations. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (all latest versions). Is the content on the site broken, or is there something I can do to make it work on my end?

I realize this question has been asked before, but I can't find a workable solution in any previous threads.

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 7:53 PM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2013 8:05 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

None of the videos at that site worked for me. Looking through the page code I couldn't find a URL for the QuickTime files.

Only the page author can fix it.

src="http://chnmstreaming.gmu.edu/historicalthinking/Scopes_Stream.mov"

QTKirk, source code appears to be pre-cached by previous web page before jumping to this page. In any case, the streaming server appears to be down or at least off-line when you try to access the video stream directly which probably explains both the displayed question mark and the "now you see it—now you don't" nature of access mentioned by the OP here.

User uploaded file

Jun 9, 2013 8:23 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

It still means the authors need to fix things and it's not a problem caused by QuickTime.

Or it may only be routine maintenance being performed over the weekend. In any case I would try again on a weekday to see if content is then available. Also noted that local web server stored content is still available.

Take care and have a good weekend. I've got to go start on the yard... Argh...!

User uploaded file

Question mark on QuickTime logo. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.