Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in on YouTube on Apple TV

I have a gmail account, I want to sign in on YouTube on with my gmail account but every time a message pops up saying "account not or password not recognized"?

Apple TV, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 8:02 PM

4 replies

Sep 14, 2013 12:33 PM in response to Jason 2214

I have this problem, too. Just started about a week ago, after a couple of years of being able to sign in to YouTube on both my Apple TV's.

The puzzle deepens. The version of the YouTube site I can reach on Safari on my iPad has a "Help" section which says "YouTube does not support YouTube on Apple TV. For issues please visit Apple's Support Forum."

What's that all about? Why have a YouTube app on Apple TV if you can't sign in to it? This is new, since I have always been able to do this before.

What's going on? And what can be done about it?

Sep 27, 2013 6:11 PM in response to mjy78

What's the story? Beats me. I was able to satisfactorily sign in to YouTube from both my Apple TV's (2nd and 3rd gen) for a couple of years. Suddenly a few weeks ago I cannot. As I said above, for some reason YouTube says they don't support Apple TV any more. Perhaps there is some feud between Apple and Google which accounts for this. There do seem to be some complicated sign in procedures which will allow sign in, but my reaction is to **** with it. I don't need Google that much.

Can't sign in on YouTube on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.