Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Return My New MacBook Pro Ahead of WWDC?

I bought my new:

MacBook Pro

Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

on Wednesday, May 29 (10 days ago). I just found out that the exact model of computer I own is in short supply, and almost everyone speculates that it's because Apple will announce the release of a newer version of the same thing:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57588097/apple-wwdc-2013-rumors-include-new- ipad-iradio-ios-7-macbook-pro/

I don't want to get stuck with this older one, when just weeks later a newer version is released. Does it make sense to wait until the rumors are confirmed, or just ditch this one right now, by returning it? I bought it in-store. Would this update be announced during the keynote address, and how responsive are the stores after a new product is released? Is there a lag time between keynote addresses, and the actual inventory of new product in the store?

I'm definitely going to get the new one -- I just need advice on the most efficient and easiest way to proceed through this.

Thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2013 8:46 PM

We don't know if Apple will release a new MacBook Pro during WWDC. You have 14 days to return your Mac, so wait until Monday and if Apple releases a new MacBook Pro, return the one you are using and buy the new one. You can do it without any problem

1 reply

Return My New MacBook Pro Ahead of WWDC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.