Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share purchased applications (e.g. Pages or Keynotes) with other user accounts?

I have just recently bought Pages and Keynotes, and also created a new user account on my Macbook Air. Now the applications are not visible nor accessable for the new user. Read something about the app to be required to be in the root folder of "Applications" in finder, but the app appears to be located there already by default as bought from the app store.

Anyone knows how to do this, and if this is possible? Many thanks,

Dinish

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), New to Apple/Mac

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 4:49 AM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2013 5:54 AM in response to DinishG

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

There are two folders: /Applications and ~/Applications. /Applications is accessible for all users, and ~/Applications only for an user.

Check that Keynote and Pages are in /Applications. If not, do it. You can access to this folder choosing Applications in the sidebar. To access to ~/Applications, open Finder, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Applications

How can I share purchased applications (e.g. Pages or Keynotes) with other user accounts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.