Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't iTunes find any of my music

User uploaded file

Hi

The photo above is only the start of my current issues.

Bascially after moving my music from my Macbook HD to a seperate Wifi HD in my house iTunes can not "locate" my music. That is kind of a seperate issue, as I know how to put music back on to my computer from the Wifi HD. THe reason I moved it was that I was consuming 90% of my 320G memory.

Now I am getting this iCloud error message on almost every single iTunes song I have bought. That is thousands and thousands of pounds of music cant be played.

This iCloud problem is also effecting iMatch to my iPhone and iPad as well...!!!

Anyone have any ideas whats going on ????

Please help

Gareth

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 5:59 AM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2013 7:03 AM in response to Gareth UK

What worked for me when mt iTunes "lost" the path to my files after trying all the suggestions from the forums I just deleted all the files in the iTunes folder, restarted, copied them back over from a thumb drive. When that didn't work I deleted all the files from within the iTunes itself. Restarted and iTunes acted like it was new and being setup for the first time. It asked me to search the system for music. That's what worked for me, the exclamation points all went away and I could listen to my music again.

Thanks Dom

Nov 5, 2013 12:35 PM in response to Dom_Fera

HI THanks for this helpful post. I will try this. I have 2 iPods. One is 3rd Gen. I love the little small square, so I bought it on ebay. Then I got a little iPod nano ( again a tiny square shape)

So I tried to sync them today and update them.

This is the response I got.

I get a message that the original filecannot be found and asks if I want to try and locatefile. I locate the file and it's empty?!

This freaked me out because I have all this music I love. The only thumb drive is my back up drive which is not a thumb. Will the back up drive have my music files too?

Thanks-Peace Out

Why can't iTunes find any of my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.