Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchasing an ipad in USA for use in the UK?

if i was to purchase a Wi-Fi only version of an ipad in the USA, for use in the UK would there be any problems? i am going to the USA on holiday in a couple of weeks and intend to purchase an ipad.

iPad

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 3:53 AM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2013 4:47 AM in response to martm10

There will be no problem with functionality, other than the charger plug being one for usage in the US. However, my understanding is that you may have warranty issues. I've read some posts on these forums that mentioned your warranty would not be valid in the UK, and you would need to ship the iPad to the US to get it repaired/exchanged. So this is something that should be looked into.

Jun 9, 2013 7:04 AM in response to martm10

The iPad if wifi only will work fine .

However as mentioned above the iPad warranty rules have changed and whilst it was international ,once Apple produced different models for different Geographies the wording now reads the same as the iPhone and that certainly will not get serviced outside country of purchase.

There may be a slight grey area on wifi only .You might get lucky in Uk if you need service with a US sourced

wifi only model ipad but it will be an expensive mistake if not .No-one here will know

You can buy an Apple UK charger for £15 if you are permenantly in UK

Personnally I would buy in UK for peace of mind

purchasing an ipad in USA for use in the UK?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.