Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Must I have Wi-fi to sync my i-pad to my computer?

I've purchased 4 new songs off i-tunes and they have downloaded to my pc but I can't trasnfer them across to my i-pad music. I've clicked sync over 5 times and the music isn't moving across. I have internet on my pc but not wi-fi, do I have to have wi-fi just to transfer my songs over??

iPad

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 3:59 AM

8 replies

Jun 9, 2013 5:42 AM in response to melissafromstafford

This should have no effect on syncing the songs to the iPad, but I recall a couple of other users saying that they did this and then they were able to sync.

Close all apps on your iPad and then try to sync again.

Tap the home button once.

Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear at the bottom of the screen.

Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle.

Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the all of apps in the recents tray.

Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Now try to sync again.

Jun 10, 2013 3:31 AM in response to melissafromstafford

I still don't believe that Windows 8 is officially supported by Apple for syncing, but I also believe that there are plenty of users having success with it, so I don't want to put the blame there. However, anything is possible.

Do you use restrictions? One other thing that you can check, but its a long shot is Settings>General>Restrictions>Allowed Content>Music and Podcasts.

Jun 10, 2013 4:13 AM in response to Demo

I have windows 8, and while I don't purchase content, I have had no issues syncing. In fact, I've had less issues with 8 than I had with Vista that was on my previous machine.

One issue I did have with my music at the beginning is that I'd moved my music to my new machine, but hadn't gone through the whole import into iTunes protocol. So I spent an afternoon reconciling errors and making sure iTunes knew where each song was and then the music synced easily.

Melissa, have you tried to play the songs in iTunes? Do they play fine there?

Must I have Wi-fi to sync my i-pad to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.