Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I enable scanning over WiFi with Epson PX-504A?

I have driver 9.00 (9.11?) installed. I am trying to get access to the scanner through wifi.

It seems I can print over WiFi, but the scanner is not connecting.

This works in Linux by installing a network driver and using the Image Scan! software.

How does it work in MacOS?

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 6:50 AM

3 replies

Jun 10, 2013 5:56 AM in response to PAHU

I figured it out. The thing to do was use the CD that came with the printer and run the installation software. This will install and configure the crucial network driver for the scanner that is not provided by Apple or Epson anywhere else.

The printer connects through a WiFi network, but it's necessary to make a temporary USB connection while installing the driver from the CD.

Feb 27, 2014 6:06 PM in response to quequotion

Hope this is helpful to someone. I have an Epson Xp-300 connected to my MacBook Air through AirPrint/ wifi. The printer doubles as a scanner. When you open up the 'Printers & Scanners' function on the MacBook, you can choose a tab to either print or scan. If you choose scan, you can then choose 'open scanner'. That cranked up the scanner and opened a dialogue box to process the scan. I stuck my photos on the glass, chose 'save to iPhotos', did an 'overview' to make sure all was well and then hit 'scan'. The scanned photos then appeared via wifi in my iPhotos application. Haven't gone past that yet and am still feeling my way but hopefully I'll work out how to stream them to others.

How can I enable scanning over WiFi with Epson PX-504A?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.