Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The memory card is no longer in my MacBook, but iPhoto says "preparing to import" for about an hour now. What do i do and how do i stop it!!!

When i put my card into the laptop it loaded only half my photos, other ones where just thumbnail of grey stuff with the white dotted outlines. I pressed import thinking it will just recover them when it imports into my library, but when i did the load bar came up and has stayed there for the past hour. I ejected/took out my memory card and iPhoto is still saying "preparing to import". HELP!!!!

i think my system is Lion OSx

iPhoto '11

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 7:21 AM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2013 8:12 AM in response to LarryHN

I tried to force quit but it wouldnt do anything, so i saw on the left side here, about going into Terminal thing and write "killall iPhoto" so it quit this way!

And there was no error message when they didn't all load!

BUT now that i try and reopen it i get the rainbow pinwheel of death and its frozen on the normal dashboard!

The memory card is no longer in my MacBook, but iPhoto says "preparing to import" for about an hour now. What do i do and how do i stop it!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.