Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Without turning Siri off, how do I use voice dialing?, Without turning Siri off, how do I use voice dialing?

I don't want to use up data time every time I make a phone call. So I'd like to use the old iPhone 4 voice dialing when I make a call. Sure, I can go into settings and turn off Siri - but then it is off until I go into the settings again.

Can I avoid using Siri for standard voice functions without turning Siri off completely?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, IOS 6

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 6:54 AM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2013 7:33 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yesterday we upgraded my wife's phone to an iPhone. Since she wanted it only to get our Mac's calendars and contacts, we switched my iPhone 4 to her, and I upgraded to a bigger iPhone 4S for myself.

I have read that Siri is responsible for lots of data time - but that may have been when it was new.

It would be nice if the phone only pretended to connect to Siri when we ask the old voice questions. Not connecting when I check the time or do any of those old functions such as voice dialing.

Jun 9, 2013 7:40 AM in response to Howard Brazee

If you used Siri to do lots of web searching, it would probably use more data. And, I suspect, when it was new, people played with it a lot. If you have an extremely limited data plan (I've heard of ones that give you 200 megabytes), I might worry about micromanaging data like that.

If you're concerned about your data usage, I'd check to see if your carrier has an app. I have Verizon and they have an app that lets me monitor my data.

Without turning Siri off, how do I use voice dialing?, Without turning Siri off, how do I use voice dialing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.