Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP :( RENT MOVIE DOESN'T WORK.

I rented a movie on itune but when i click play ( The loading id finish) they say that it is impossible to read it ( error -42110 ) . I tried to put it on my ipod but it does not work also. ????????????? Help it was 5$ , me want my money back.

Itune-OTHER, Windows 7, :(

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 9:02 AM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2013 10:11 AM in response to JoeyDelRey

There is some troubleshooting for error code 42110 on this page http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3297 :

"Error 3001," "-42110," or "5103"

This alert is related to iTunes Store movie rentals and authorization issues.

Make sure you are using the most recent version of iTunes and QuickTime. They both can be downloaded free of charge.

If your iTunes is up to date, remove the SC Info folder.

Jun 10, 2013 2:32 PM in response to JoeyDelRey

I have been trying for ages to find somewhere that can help me, I have wasted a whole evening, I rented a movie from iTunes it downloaded and would not play, there was sound only, I tried to re download it won't now come up in the movie rental section of the iTunes library. I have no idea why or what to do about it I can't find anywhere to get a resolution.

Please can someone help.

Thanks.

Jun 10, 2013 11:24 PM in response to Stuartcdean

If it doesn't play then try the 'report a problem' link from your purchase history : log into your account on your computer's iTunes via the Store > View Account menu option and you should then see a Purchase History section with a 'see all' link to the right of it ; click on that and you should see a list of your purchases ; find that film and use the 'Report a Problem' link and fill in details about the problem (iTunes support should reply within, I think, about 24 hours).

If the 'report a problem' link doesn't work (it's been taking some people to this site on a browser instead of showing a form in iTunes) then you can try contacting iTunes support via this page : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/- click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page.

HELP :( RENT MOVIE DOESN'T WORK.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.