Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airprint does not show Epson WF-3540 on iPad (Mini)

I just purchased an iPad mini and want to print some photos/documents however the printer, which is on the same WIFI network as the iPad, will not detect. I even downloaded the Epson iPrint from the App Store, did a printer search and the only information shown is my SIID name.

Any help/suggesstions would be helpful.

Thank you.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2013 8:37 AM

Hello Dennis,

Congratulations on the iPad mini. I found an article with information on setting up AirPrint and troubleshooting issues like the one you have noticed with your iPad mini. From the information you provided, your iPad mini and printer model both should work with AirPrint. I recommend following the steps listed under the section titled "If you are unable to print, or if you see the message 'No AirPrint Printers Found'" in the following article:

AirPrint Basics

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2013 8:37 AM in response to Dennis182524

Hello Dennis,

Congratulations on the iPad mini. I found an article with information on setting up AirPrint and troubleshooting issues like the one you have noticed with your iPad mini. From the information you provided, your iPad mini and printer model both should work with AirPrint. I recommend following the steps listed under the section titled "If you are unable to print, or if you see the message 'No AirPrint Printers Found'" in the following article:

AirPrint Basics

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Jun 15, 2015 12:51 PM in response to Dennis182524

I Found that port settings on the WF-3540 have a lot to do with the iPad "seeing" the printer. Please check the printer settings on mac connect to printer via WiFi or via an Ethernet cable to see the printer web page also visible via epson0D700D.local (or similar depending on your MAC address settings). For some reason, the only setting that works in AirPrint setup (Configure Bonjour Settings) menu "Top Priority Protocol" is "Port9100". Last I heard that was a Windows port assignment. oh, well, e.g., IPP didn't and caused the issue for me that you reported. I'd be interested in knowing why it works.

Airprint does not show Epson WF-3540 on iPad (Mini)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.