Skip navigation

Windows8 32 bit disables Bootcamp Assistant4 (no trackpad)

747 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2013 11:15 AM by Rudegar RSS
Walt72 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 9, 2013 2:12 PM

When I load Windows 8 and Bootcamp assistant 4 it on my Macbook Pro it works OK for a while, but Windows sends a message that it is incompatible and disables my trackpad-(no right click), screen dimmer, keyboard dimmer. Gotta have the trackpad! Bootcamp assistant 5 only works with 64 bit Windows. I can't use 64 bit because of incompatible Software with 64 bit Windows.  This irreplaceable, older Software, along with a considerable investment in other Windows Sotware is the only reason I have to use BootCamp at all.  This is clearly because Apple has decided that Assistant 5 is only for 64 bit? Why? So it seems I have no other choice but to go back to Win7. or buy a PC Laptop, an expensive, backwards step.

MacBook Pro, Windows 8, BootCamp Assistant 4
  • BobTheFisherman Level 6 Level 6 (10,570 points)

I;m curious as to what programs you have that will run in Windows 7 32 bit but not in Windows 8 64 bit.

In my experience 64 bit Windows 7 or 8 run 32 bit programs just fine.

• Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,320 points)

Just like Bob, I'm curious as well.

• Rudegar Level 6 Level 6 (18,435 points)

why not just run it in a virtual machine then ?

unless you need to play game or have very little memory in your mac then I'd say

that it suits your needs much better and is easier to install

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.