Related Article: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All tunes in library shown as waiting status in iCloud

All my songs in iTunes are shown as "waiting" status for matching/upoad to iCloud - they weren't yesterday. Help!

Windows 8

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 1:29 PM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2013 9:07 AM in response to trainman1959

Hi trainman1959,

The iCloud status icons are displayed in this article:

iTunes Match: Understanding the iCloud Status icons

You referenced the troubleshooting article for iTunes Match in your post.

Are you still having issues after following all of those steps?

iTunes Store: Troubleshooting iTunes Match

If you are unable to download a song, play a song, or access songs from iTunes Match

Make sure you have an active Internet connection

Be sure your computer or device has an active Internet connection by loading a webpage using Safari or another web browser.

On an iOS device with cellular support, if you are not on a Wi-Fi network, try enabling 3G cellular data1 for iTunes Match.

• For iOS 6, tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Use Cellular Data > On
  • For iOS 5.1.1 or earlier, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > Use Cellular Data > On

1Fees may be associated with downloading over cellular networks; contact your wireless carrier for details.

Check iTunes viewing options

Make sure that your iTunes viewing options are properly set. Choose View > View Options and enable "iCloud Download". A download button will be visible next to songs available for download from iCloud.

Make sure iTunes Match is turned on.

See this article for information about turning on or adding a computer or device to iTunes Match.

If iTunes Match is already enabled on your computer or device, try turning iTunes Match off and then on again.

• On your Mac, while pressing the option key, choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match. Turn iTunes Match on again by selecting Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
  • On your PC, while pressing the shift key, choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match. Turn iTunes Match on again by selecting Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
  • On your iOS device tap Settings > Music > iTunes Match Off, then Settings > Music > iTunes Match On.

Additional Information

About file formats and iTunes Match

• Songs encoded as MP3 or AAC that have been matched to the iTunes Store will be made available for download as 256 kbps as AAC from iCloud.
  • Songs encoded as MP3 or AAC that cannot be matched to the iTunes Store will be uploaded as is. These songs will be made available for download in the same format it was uploaded in.
  • Songs encoded as MP3 or AAC that do not meet certain quality criteria will not be matched or uploaded to iCloud.
  • Songs encoded as ALAC, WAV, or AIFF, will be transcoded in iTunes to 256 kbps AAC when uploaded to iCloud.
  • Song files over 200 MB will not be uploaded to iCloud.
  • Matched songs in your local library will not automatically be transcoded to 256 kbps AAC. To obtain a higher quality transcoding, download the matched songs from iCloud.

Please post again if issue still persists after trying the steps above ....

Cheers,

Judy

Mar 15, 2015 7:54 PM in response to trainman1959

I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8 and iTunes 10.6.3 on a Power Mac G4. ITunes Match quit working for me in Feb 2015 as well. I've had various symptoms. I've gotten "error 4002", all of my songs show an iCloud status of "waiting", I've created a new blank library and iTunes Match still won't show me the tracks available in the Cloud. I've reinstalled my OS. I've deleted and reinstalled various versions of iTunes. I've had many multi-hour phone sessions with Apple tech support. I've even reset my router to factory settings. Nothing has helped. Do you or anyone else have any solutions or explanations? Did Apple stop supporting iTunes 10.6.3 and not tell anyone? The solutions mentioned in this thread did not help me.

All tunes in library shown as waiting status in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.