Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unit restarts on it's own says Kernal error?

If I leave for period of time,I come back to see the the unit restarted on it's own

I'd havve to look more closly at error report

but I believe it says pani attack/due to an error etc.

as well as 2 times Time Capsule had to be reset due to spares bundle still in use

I've verified discs

and I've forgotten how to do a "clean boot" so to speak

note;

I recently replaced a wired keyboard with a logitech Divino

but switched it back today

I did see Logitech in error report

perhaps that was the problem

any input would be appriechiated

Bob

<E-mail Edited by Host>

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.3), Windows Vista

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 3:04 PM

Please post the Kernel Panic report. You can find instructions on how to get it in How to log a kernel panic. Also for your own security I have asked the moderator to remove your e-mail address, posting personal information on a public forum can be dangerous.

3 replies

Jun 9, 2013 3:05 PM in response to eickides

Hi Bob,

If you installed any Logitech softeare, uninstall it.

One way to test is to Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, Test for problem in Safe Mode...

PS. Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive

Reboot, test again.

If it only does it in Regular Boot, then it could be some hardware problem like Video card, (Quartz is turned off in Safe Mode), or Airport, or some USB or Firewire device, or 3rd party add-on, Check System Preferences>Accounts (Users & Groups in later OSX versions)>Login Items window to see if it or something relevant is listed.

Check the System Preferences>Other Row, for 3rd party Pref Panes.

Also look in these if they exist, some are invisible...

/private/var/run/StartupItems

/Library/StartupItems

/System/Library/StartupItems

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchDaemons

unit restarts on it's own says Kernal error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.