Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xserve Raid volume missing(FIX)

This is just for people who have ranned into this situation, like i did and could not find a concrete answer. This was a simple and easy fix. Yesterday i shut down my Raid server and xserve, came back this morning booted up and my 8-14 (in which i only have 2 drives in) volume mounts but not 1-7, well found out that my fibre card went bad, replaced it, but then still no go but now disk utility could see the raid but not the volume. ( THE FIX) went into raid admin/utilities/verify parity data, left the office, came back about 45-mins later, it showed 1% complete but also my missing volume had reappeared, data intack...WHEEEEEEEEWWWW!!! Back when there was apple xserve support, they said you had to start over, well you don't. I believe the parity data got misplaced or whatever happen when my fibre card went down and screwed some things up, but this is only i think if you had no failed drives, but it may work in a failed drive situation as well. So hope this helps.

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 3:41 PM

There are no replies.

Xserve Raid volume missing(FIX)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.