Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to install airport 5.6 to configure old UFO airport but doesn't show up in the app utility folder. How do you configure older Airports in OS X 10.7.5??

trying to install airport 5.6 to configure old UFO airport but doesn't show up in the app utility folder. How do you configure older Airports in OS X 10.7.5??

MacBookPro 15 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 4:00 PM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2013 5:29 PM in response to David Why?

David Why? wrote:

... How do you configure older Airports in OS X 10.7.5??

Use the technique described in this thread: I can't install airport utility 5.6

Though it discusses Mountain Lion, you need to follow the exact same steps for OS X 10.7.5.

I no longer have any original AEBSs to test. You may need an even earlier version of AirPort Utility. If AirPort Utility 5.6 cannot configure yours, let me know and I will attempt to find the correct version for you. You will need to use the same "extraction" technique described above.

Edit: If 5.6 does not work try this one: AirPort Utility 5.5.3

Important: If you elect to drag that version to your Utilities folder, be sure to give it a unique name. I suggest "AirPort Utility 5.5.3" 😉 This is not necessary for AirPort Utility 5.6, which will retain that name on its own.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.