Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was trying to resize my bootcamp partition and it got deleted now I have 217 GB of free space that I cant use and I want to rejoin it with my macbook partiton.

So I was trying to resize my bootcamp partition with Paragon and it was taking forever so I decided to use iPartition the Paragon started doing something and it was almost done when my macbook began to shut down. It was shutting down becuase I though the paragon wouldnt work. Anyway it shut down and I wasnt able to boot to the iPartition CD, so I decided to just screw it and just stick with Mac osx. Then while in the iPartition app once I booted up back into OSX it said I had 217 gigs of free space and my hardrive/mac os partition can only use like 270 gigs. But I desparetely need these 215 gigs back becuase I do things that require alot of memory. Does anybody have any idea how I can rejoin this free space with my mac partition. I already tried it in disk utility and it kept failing with a couldnt unmount disk error everytime I tried to resize back to its full size! PLEASE HELP! User uploaded file Heres a pic of what iPartiton shows me.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 9, 2013 5:36 PM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2013 7:18 PM in response to TheTechKid

You need an external disk that is formated as HFS+ with a GUID partition map.

You can use either Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper to create the clone.

Once ypu have the clone you can boot from my holding down the option key ater power on.

Once booted from the clone open Disk Utility.

Select the internal drive.

Click partition.

Select single partition.

Once drive has bee formated, restore the clone nack with the application used to make the original clone.

Boot from internal drive.

Allan

I was trying to resize my bootcamp partition and it got deleted now I have 217 GB of free space that I cant use and I want to rejoin it with my macbook partiton.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.